Thursday, March 06, 2008

Success !!!

Wow, you know you have too many email addresses/passwords when it takes a half hour to log onto Blogger. I've made so many trips up and down the stairs (multiple computers) that I have forgotten 1/2 of what I planned to say.

I thought today was going to turn out to be a totally unproductive day. I was saved from that when my wonderful friend Loretta showed up. She whipped me into shape, and we managed to get 100 patterns put together for the quilt show. She also had some great suggestions for inventory tracking. I owe her big time. Working alone all the time is not a good thing. I tend to get so focused on one way of doing things I fail to consider other options.

No pictures tonight and be warned I plan to write my "to do list" below. So if those kind of things bore you I'll say goodnight.

  1. Finish sample bag on machine.
  2. Start/finish clutch sample.
  3. Dye last couple dozen scarves.
  4. Bind samples.
  5. Mount samples.
  6. Try to create some interesting cloth for mounting.
  7. Play with heat gun & meltable (is that a word?) "stuff". (have an idea cooking)
  8. Prep felt/roving for notebook covers.
  9. More coffee sleeves.
  10. Put together texture bundles. (need interesting name for these) They include hand dyed scrim, silk roving, silk carrier rods, dupioni silk, various fibers, and maybe some beads. Any suggestions?
  11. Get fabrics down for multi color LWI.
  12. Work on sample book for custom orders.
  13. Rinse/wash rusted fabrics.

Think I'll stop there. I'm tired already!

No comments: