Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rust dyeing

Finally, the new black dye arrived and I have been able to get almost all of the grays done. Just when I think I have it whipped, the brown decides to test me. Silly fabric. I am nothing if not persistent. I will get it right. I do admit a small retreat. I usually drive right in with the full yardage, this time I was forced to go back to 1 yard cuts until I get the correct mix. I mainly dye by "eye". I can look at a swatch and match it. Most of my pieces require multiple dye runs, so color can be adjusted with each successive run. Not this time. I am actually having to write down the measurements this time! I just know it something simple I am overlooking. In the meantime I am accomplishing several things, the rejects add to the quilt show inventory and the recipes go in the book.

3 comments:

Max said...

Why do I feel I am the source of this problem! What you need is a sabbatical- to learn how to chill! :-) And I thought I was busy! When I look at your to-do list and what you are getting ready for all your shows I feel absolutely like a sloth!

Have been sick for a few days and today is the first day I am getting back to "stupid sewing" but at least I feel well enough to do anything!

judygrafik said...

The last comment was not from Max- it was from Max's mom- Judy! This is what happens when your son moves back home after college.... everything changes! :-)

judygrafik said...

That last comment was not from Max- it was from Max's mom- Judy.