Sunday, March 30, 2008

Aftermath

My mind is still spinning with all the things I need to do. I did manage to inventory everything. Now I just need to photograph, edit and list all of the fabrics that I did, but haven't posted to eBay. I really want to launch a website, but need to get these out there for sale first. Once that's done maybe I can focus on the website.

I need to send in a proposal for two, 2 day workshops later this summer. One here in the Tri-Cities and the other in Walla Walla. Have to decide if I want to vend at two out of town venues that approached me at this show. Haven't decided if I like packing everything up, unpacking and repacking. That's alot of packing!

I was surprised at how many people were interested in the actual quilting of my pieces. I never thought it was anything special, but apparently it is unusual. I received a few inquiries about quilting for others. Think I will give it a go for those that want what I do. Don't think I would do well taking direction, but that's nothing new!

The fabric I'm rusting is not working with my schedule. I think it should be ready, but it has other ideas. It's kind of like cooking a roast. You can't rush it no matter how impatient you get.

Now it's bedtime. It's early I know, but the weekend has caught up with me.

2 comments:

judygrafik said...

OMG the flour dyes are wonderful. You have to send me a swatch so I can see them up close. So did you think the show was a success? Emotionally? Financially? And just be careful about quilting for others. I bet you would get bored really easily.

Badger Canyon Hand Dyes said...

Sure, I'll do one up for you to send with the purple/blue pieces. Yes I think the show was a success financially, emotionally may be another story. I haven't worked out my feelings about packing everything up and lugging it around multiple times. I will do a few more so I have something to base an opinion on. I was/am real hesitant about doing quilting for others. I do quilt a few charity quilts each year, but never for $$$. I told the one lady that I would look at her stuff and decide if I had the time to do it. It will have to fit into my schedule, and I would have to enjoy it.