Monday, November 26, 2007

Stocking Day

The annual stocking making day at the Wink house! Every year a group of my friends get together for a day of sewing, food, some wine and a good time. These are my non sewing friends, so we try to keep it simple. My best friend and I are polar opposites. I lean toward obsessive compulsive, and she leans toward "close enough". Needless to say it usually means a fun filled day.

This is Jami putting the finishing touches on her Asian themed stocking. The girls have to work with whatever fabrics they "shop" for in my stash room. They are really brave about going in there. I'm pretty sure we lost someone last year.

Here I am in my left over dye Tye-dye shirt. I tried to keep the 6500 to myself. I'm more protective of it than I was with my children!


Jami and Chelsey.

Terri picking out her fabrics and trims. We ran out of table space, so the floor always works.

Leanna and her daughter Dotty choosing their fabrics.

Chelsey busy at the 6500.

Chelsey's finished stocking. Pretty nice huh?


Dotty about halfway there.


The finished pieces. Purple one is Chelsey's, maroon paisley belongs to Terri, black Asian is Jami's and the blue velvet is Dotty's. Leanna chose to do a table runner this year. As you can see the Asian theme was popular.

No comments: