Saturday, November 10, 2007

Christmas Cards

OK, I think I have gotten most of the need for wild color out of my system with this set of cards. They still need some stitching/embellishing and the backing done. I'll send these to my more open minded friends/family.

These are much more traditional. Well color wise anyway. The background is a sun printed fabric. The pomegranate is hand dyes, and the centers are hand painted. I plan to stitch using gold and outline with metallic pens or paint. May drop some shadows in too if I find time.



Here is a wide angle shot of both. Note my new design wall. I have needed one of these for some time now, but never got around to it. I finally broke down and did one only because I needed a surface to pin fabrics to when dextrin resist dyeing. So I thought I may as well buy 2 sheets of insulation while I was at Lowes. I've been photographing all the steps while doing the dextrin and will post the when completed.



This last photo is of some rocks I picked up in Nevada last month. I just love these earth tones. Believe me the hillsides were much more impressive than these small samples are able to prove. Poor hubby was made to stop 3-4 times on a very narrow road so I could gather these!


No comments: