Saturday, November 17, 2007

Projects, Ideas & Inspiration

Dextrin resist pieces rinsed, washed, pressed and ready to ship. The first is the black. I did find the black dye didn't develop as well as I wanted due to garage temp below 70. The brown piece developed better, but still shifted slightly to green for the same reason.


This is the pattern I sketched for my Painted Hills piece. The colors in these hills located just outside John Day Oregon is very close to what I saw while in Nevada.


Photo of the hills. Yes they really are this colorful.
First step of quilt finished. Many pieces of fabric fused using Misty Fuse. I applied Oil sticks to create shadows and depth. These will cure for several days before I heat set them. I plan to thread paint more detail before backing and FMQ.

No comments: