Monday, November 12, 2007

Progress

Here is what I've been up to the last few days. The first two photos show the front side of the dextrin resist batching. Gorgeous reddish browns, and one in black.



These four show the backside prior to rinsing. Love the crackled, lacy effect.







A few posts ago I have a photo of some rocks I picked up on my last trip to Nevada. We drove to Virginia City from Reno one afternoon. The hillsides where blazing with color from these beautiful rocks. My wonderful husband was very patient about stopping several times so I could bring a few home. Below are the fabrics I dyed up trying to come as close as possible to the changing tones. I think I came pretty close. I have one more piece in dye. Hubby pointed out the "purplish" tones in the far right stone. Good eye!

Now I just have to design a quilt around these. I keep seeing long narrow 3 panels. Can't decide if I will piece this or tear the fabrics and fuse in place. Will have to do a few samples.

No comments: