Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Life got in the way

As you can see from the original post, I haven't done very well keeping up with this. Things have finally slowed down enough I think I can focus on getting some things down on "paper".

Currently I'm doing some surface design using potato dextrin as a resist. I also have several LWI (low water immersion) projects going. The first run of the dextrin didn't go well. I got in a hurry and put the dextrin on the fabric before it reached the proper temperature. Knew better! Now I have some pieces that will need a few more layers added.

I'll post pictures as soon as I locate the batteries. Think hubby may have "borrowed" them for his camera.

If all goes well I plan to post technique tutorials with photos of some of the surface design techniques I use. These include:
Rust Dyeing
Mono printing
Fabric painting
Dextrin resists
Flour resists
Gelatin Plate Printing
Screen Printing
Low Water Immersion Dyeing
Hand Dyes
Foiling
I'm sure I missed a few.

No comments: