Thursday, November 08, 2007

Creative overload

I seem to be paralyzed with creative overload. There are so many things I want to get done for the upcoming holidays, that I don't know where to start.

On the upside, I did manage to finish 6 sheers and 3 window scarves for my girlfriend. I have never worked with sheers as far as hemming etc... Now if it involved slashing, burning for an art style quilt I would have been right in my element. I did learn how to use the rolled hem foot/stitch. Something to file away in the back of my mind for future use in a quilt.

I think part of my problem may be that alot of these holiday things seem to be very traditional. I'm seriously thinking of sending fabric postcards instead of regular Christmas cards again this year. I have always done them in fairly traditional fabrics or style. This year I think family & friends may be getting cards done with hand dyes in turquoise, orange, lime and hot pink. I need something bright.

Thinking of doing a simple jacket for mom this year. She may be getting it in wild colors also if I haven't worked it out of my system with the cards.

Picked up Quilting Arts mag special edition for the holidays today. Haven't really had any time to more than flip through it though. Looks like there may be a few "out there" things I can use to chase away the traditional blues.

No comments: