Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Unproductive day

Today wasn't very productive for me. I had planned on doing breakdown printing all day, but other things came up. I did manage to print one screen worth. This is a two yard piece using the sapphire blue/yellow screen. There were some touches of yellow here and there. Won't know how much of the yellow will wash out, so I will use more yellow next time and leave some "white" space between the colors.

Other than it being mostly green I am pleased with the patterning. I'm not sure what the next layer will be. I'm thinking maybe rust would look good. Think I'll let it sit awhile.

I did manage to get 8 yards of darks over-dyed. I like layering my dyes as opposed to going straight to black. I think they have much more depth this way. No pics of these as they are still waiting for me on the ironing board. Maybe tomorrow.

I spent most of the day at the machine putting down another line of satin stitch on the previously mentioned "WIP". The blue is done. Hope to finish the red and green tomorrow.







No comments: