Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Been busy

Really, I have been. The first 3 photos are another drop cloth. I'll add a few more layers, and see what happens.





This piece was a failed potato dextrin resist. I attempted to do this when the temperature was too cold for the dye to batch. A couple more layers and it should be an interesting piece.




These 2 are a piece I bound resisted. The circular design is from a shower floor drain. I find the most interesting tools at Lowes/Home Depot.



The piece is now backed and batted waiting for its' turn on the machine. I think I'll call it "Color My World".

I put this one together last night. I dyed up some cotton sateen and dupioni silk a few days ago. Loving the bright colors. No name yet. It is on the machine waiting for me to get off here.


Had to run to Home Depot Sunday to pick up a new dryer hose for my girlfriend. They bought a new house last week, and being the friends we are we "volunteered" to help them move. Anyhow, I wandered through the contractor area and found these 12" pieces of rebar. They were already beginning to rust, so of course they had to come home with me. I've laid them out in a star burst pattern. If the pattern turns out the way I hope I'll be picking up some more of these to print yardage.


2 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Did you get an email with the code for the Dyers' Webring? Ringsurf should have sent it after you applied to join. You have to put the webring code on your blog in order to join.

Shirley Goodwin said...

oops, wrong profile! If you need to contact me I'm on shirley@dyeing2design.com and http://shirleygoodwin.blogspot.com