Saturday, January 12, 2008

Step Two

These are the screens with the print items removed. Isn't this grid pattern great? I found one of those rubber mats you use in the bottom of the kitchen sink at Lowes and knew it would make an awesome printing tool. My poor husband is so tolerant. He just cringes when I mention going to the hardware store. Most guys would love it. Mine knows I can spend hours looking at the nut/bolt wall alone!









A word of warning, You will have colorful fingers if you do as I do. I can't feel the items I am trying to add or remove from the screens with gloves on, so I just live with the odd looks I get for a few days.


These are two of the fabrics I use under the screens as drop cloths. After the dye paste is almost dry I pull the items off and lay them on the fabric where all the dye drips thru. I know they look pretty dark right now, but they will lighten after rinsing and washing. They will be ready for washing tomorrow. I'll post pics if I get to them early enough.

No comments: