Sunday, August 23, 2009

Something Fun

I am trying to jump start my creative engine, but I'm having some difficulty. I just can't seem to dive into my projects with the single minded drive I used to. I have several things I need to get done besides the normal Christmas stuff. I know it's only August, but you have to start early.

This is something fun I put together this morning. Thought it may help the process. I took a toddlers jean jacket, removed the sleeves and made a backpack. Added a little hand dyed lace I had laying around, lined with a piece of hand dyed fabric and voila! a fun little bag.

Oh, the background fabric is something new I am playing with. I had some dyes dry out in the garage, so instead of wasting them I decided to play. I soaked some fabric in soda ash, crumpled it into trays, sprinkled the dried up dyes over it and added some extra dye powder. I'll get some pics of the other pieces and post them next time.












No comments: