Monday, November 17, 2008

Holiday update



Well as you can see, we haven't gotten very far with the decorating. After 2 trips to town for more lights I was able to get the garland and angle on. It has been a little hard to get motivated this year, as the kids and grand babies won't be here this year. I did talk with the G-baby yesterday via Skype, so was able to show her the tree etc.....


A few of my much treasured ladies that go on the tree each year. When we bought this tree I found normal sized ornaments got lost on it. All of the over sized ones I could find were cheap looking plastic. After wracking my brain it dawned on me that the angles that go on top of the tree would be the perfect size. I cut the plastic cone out and added wire to the back.



Close up of the garland I custom made to fit the tree. I had all of these beautiful ornaments that were dwarfed by the tree, so I took lengths of fabric and beads and created my own garland. The ornaments were wired on every 18" or so. The downside of course is I am stuck with the same color scheme each year (burgundy, gold & white). Maybe I'll get busy some year and do another other colorway.


No comments: